Wipers and washers on Kia Picanto is a device used to remove rain, snow, ice and debris from a vehicle’s front window. On some vehicles, a windscreen/windshield washer system is also used to improve and expand the function of the wiper(s) to dry or icy conditions.
Windscreen wipers (front)
Operates as follows when the ignition switch is turned ON.
- HI : Fast wiper speed
- LO :Normal wiper speed
- —/INT : Wiper operates intermittently at the same wiping intervals. Use this mode in light rain or mist. To vary the speed setting, turn the speed control knob.
- O/OFF : Wiper is not in operation
- 1X : For a single wiping cycle, move the lever to this position and release it. The wipers will operate continuously if the leve is held in this position.
Windscreen washers (front)
In the O (Off) position, pull the lever gently toward you to spray washer fluid on the windscreen and to run the wipers 1-3 cycles.
Use this function when the wind- screen is dirty. The spray and wiper operation will continue until you release the lever.
If the washer does not work, check the washer fluid level. If the fluid level is not sufficient, you will need to add appropriate non-abrasive windscreen washer fluid to the washer reservoir. The reservoir filler neck is located in the front of the engine compartment on the driver side.
Rear window wiper and wash- er switch (if equipped)
The rear window wiper and washer switch is located at the end of the wiper and washer switch lever. Turn the switch to desired position to operate the rear wiper and washer.
- Rear window washer
- Intermittent wipe
- Wiper is not in operation
Turn the wiper lever switch upwards twice to spray rear washer fluid and to run the rear wipers 1~3 cycles. The spray and wiper operation will continue until you release the lever.
- To prevent possible damage to the washer pump, do not operate the washer when the fluid reservoir is empty.
- To prevent possible damage to the wipers or windscreen, do not operate the wipers when the windscreen is dry.
- To prevent damage to the wiper blades, do not use petrol, kerosene, paint thinner, or other solvents on or near them.
- To prevent damage to the wiper arms and other components, do not attempt to move the wipers manually.