Kia Picanto rearview mirror was designed to allow the driver to see rearward through the vehicle’s rear window.
Inside rearview mirror
Adjust the rearview mirror to centre on the view through the rear window. Make this adjustment before you start driving.
- Do not place objects in the rear seat or cargo area which would interfere with your vision through the rear window.
- Do not adjust the rearview mirror while the vehicle is moving. This could result in loss of control, and an accident which could cause death, serious injury or property damage.
Day/night rearview mirror
Make this adjustment before you start driving and whilst the day/night lever is in the day position. Pull the day/night lever toward you to reduce the glare from the headlights of the vehicles behind you during night driving.
Remember that you lose some rearview clarity in the night position.
Outside rearview mirror
Be sure to adjust mirror angles before driving. Your vehicle is equipped with both left-hand and right-hand outside rearview mirrors. The mirrors can be adjusted remotely with the remote switch. The mirror heads can be folded back to prevent damage during an automatic car wash or when passing in a narrow street.
Blind Spot Mirrors for Kia Picanto
- The outside rearview mirror is convex. Objects seen in the mirror are closer than they appear.
- Do not adjust or fold the outside rearview mirrors whilst the vehi- cle is moving. This could result in loss of control, and an accident which could cause death, serious injury or property damage.
The electric remote control mirror switch allows you to adjust the position of the left and right outside rearview mirrors. To adjust the position of either mirror, the ignition switch should be in the ACC position.
To adjust the position of either mirror, press the R or L button (1) to select the right side mirror or the left side mirror, then press a corresponding point (▲) on the mirror adjustment control to position the selected mirror up, down, left or right.
After adjustment, press the R or L button again to prevent the inadver tent adjustment.
Folding the outside rearview mirror
Electric Type (if equipped)
To fold the outside rearview mirror, depress the button. To unfold it, depress the button again.
To fold outside rearview mirror, grasp the housing of mirror and then fold it toward the rear of the vehicle.
- The electric type outside rearview mirror operates even though the ignition switch or Engine Star/Stop button is in the OFF position. However, to prevent unnecessary battery discharge, do not adjust the mirrors longer than necessary while the engine is not running
- In case it is an electric type out- side rearview mirror, don’t fold it by hand. It could cause motor failure.