How to open the bonnet of Kia Picanto
A step-by-step guide on how to open the bonnet of Kia Picanto correctly. This is to ensure that you do not cause any unwanted dents on your car.
To open the bonnet
Pull the release lever to unlatch the bonnet. The bonnet should pop open slightly.
Go to the front of the vehicle, raise the bonnet slightly, push the secondary latch (1) inside of the bonnet centre and lift the bonnet (2).
Pull the support rod from the bonnet. Hold the bonnet open with the support rod.
Bonnet open warning (if equipped)
The warning message (for Type B cluster) will appear on the LCD dis- play when bonnet is open. The warning chime will operate when the vehicle is being driven above 3 km/h (2 mph) with the bonnet open
Closing the bonnet
- Before closing the bonnet, check the following:
- All filler caps in engine compartment must be correctly installed.
- Gloves, rags or any other combustible material must be removed from the engine compartment.
- Return the support rod to its clip to prevent it from rattling.
- Lower the bonnet until it is about 30 cm above the closed position and let it drop. Make sure that it locks into place.
- Check that the bonnet has engaged properly. If the bonnet can be raised slightly, it is not properly engaged.
Open it again and close it with a little more force.